Live in the Moment (and by the Seashore!)

"Live in each season as it passes; breathe air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. Let them be your only diet drink and botanical medicines." Henry David Thoreau

This is very good advice, and I should take it.

Here I have been waiting all winter (4-5 months, feels like 8) for the weather to be nice. Now that it's here, all I want to do is get my work done in my house. I have to force myself to go outside. Once I'm there, however, it's bliss. The trees are tall, green and leafy. The pool is blue, sparkling and inviting. The sky is also a beautiful shade of blue. White clouds dot the horizon.

I went out to pick more black raspberries today. They are scattered all over the fringes of my lawn. I picked more than a quart; that makes more than 2 quarts so far.

Tonight I am in the process of making a black raspberry cobbler to take with me when we go to visit friends who are renting a cabin on Lake Angola. I accidentally put the ingredients in wrong, (and left out one real important one, baking powder!) but I don't care, it'll get eaten anyway. I am happy to go outside and breathe the fresh lake air.

Did you know that people who live by the seashore seldom get goiter? They get iodine not only in their diet, but also in the air they breathe. Just another great reason to go live by the seashore!

0 comments: